Jairam Ramesh, Digvijay Singh main reasons for not aligning with Congress: KCR
New Delhi: Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leader Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao (KCR) on Saturday said that the main reasons for alliance talks between TRS and the Congress to break were party leaders Jairam Ramesh and Digvijaya Singh.
"The main reasons for the alliance talks to break between our party and the Congress were Jairam Ramesh and Digvijaya Singh," said Rao.
"We are thankful to Sonia Gandhi for everything, but we did not like the way the party was dealing with a few issues," he said.
"We have been looking at them since the past few days and now we are sure that there is no chance of alliance with the congress now," he added.
Earlier, Digvijay Singh had reiterated that the Congress was still open to an alliance with the Telangana Rashtriya Samiti (TRS), even after the latter had ruled out a merger with the former.
Digvijay also said that it was communicated from the TRS that even if the two parties fights election separately the TRS would support the UPA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened