Jairam Ramesh, Digvijay Singh main reasons for not aligning with Congress: KCR
New Delhi: Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leader Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao (KCR) on Saturday said that the main reasons for alliance talks between TRS and the Congress to break were party leaders Jairam Ramesh and Digvijaya Singh.
"The main reasons for the alliance talks to break between our party and the Congress were Jairam Ramesh and Digvijaya Singh," said Rao.
"We are thankful to Sonia Gandhi for everything, but we did not like the way the party was dealing with a few issues," he said.
"We have been looking at them since the past few days and now we are sure that there is no chance of alliance with the congress now," he added.
Earlier, Digvijay Singh had reiterated that the Congress was still open to an alliance with the Telangana Rashtriya Samiti (TRS), even after the latter had ruled out a merger with the former.
Digvijay also said that it was communicated from the TRS that even if the two parties fights election separately the TRS would support the UPA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!