Jairam Ramesh to launch direct cash transfer scheme on Jan 2
Rajahmundry (AP): Union Minister Jairam Ramesh will launch the direct cash transfer scheme from Gollaprollu Mandal of East Godvari district of Andhra Pradesh on January 2, a senior official said on Wednesday.
East Godavari district collector Neetu Kumari Prasad said the Union Rural Development Minister will launch the direct cash transfer scheme from Gollaprollu Mandal on January 2.
Stipends, pensions and schemes will be launched from Gollaprollu mandal on that day, she said.
The collector directed officials to take all necessary steps to open bank accounts for students and others eligible, who had not opened their accounts.
Gollaprollu has been selected for the Aadhar-based direct?cash transfer pilot project. There are 42 shops in this mandal and 35 shops?have been selected for this scheme.
Under the cash transfer scheme, the subsidy amount will not be deposited in bank accounts` of cardholders immediately. It may take at least one month to get the amount.
As soon as the subsidy amount is deposited in bank accounts, a message will be sent to the cell phone of card holders.
The Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) is an Indian payment system developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) based on the unique identification number.
The system allows a person holding an Aadhar number to carry out financial transactions on a micro-ATM provided by the bank correspondent.
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MGNREG) wages in Jharkhand, social old age pension in Tripura and scholarship disbursement in Maharashtra are being serviced through the AEPS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof