Jairam Ramesh to launch direct cash transfer scheme on Jan 2
Rajahmundry (AP): Union Minister Jairam Ramesh will launch the direct cash transfer scheme from Gollaprollu Mandal of East Godvari district of Andhra Pradesh on January 2, a senior official said on Wednesday.
East Godavari district collector Neetu Kumari Prasad said the Union Rural Development Minister will launch the direct cash transfer scheme from Gollaprollu Mandal on January 2.
Stipends, pensions and schemes will be launched from Gollaprollu mandal on that day, she said.
The collector directed officials to take all necessary steps to open bank accounts for students and others eligible, who had not opened their accounts.
Gollaprollu has been selected for the Aadhar-based direct?cash transfer pilot project. There are 42 shops in this mandal and 35 shops?have been selected for this scheme.
Under the cash transfer scheme, the subsidy amount will not be deposited in bank accounts` of cardholders immediately. It may take at least one month to get the amount.
As soon as the subsidy amount is deposited in bank accounts, a message will be sent to the cell phone of card holders.
The Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) is an Indian payment system developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) based on the unique identification number.
The system allows a person holding an Aadhar number to carry out financial transactions on a micro-ATM provided by the bank correspondent.
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MGNREG) wages in Jharkhand, social old age pension in Tripura and scholarship disbursement in Maharashtra are being serviced through the AEPS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars