Janardhana Reddy`s bail hearing deferred
Hyderabad: The hearing on the bail petition of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy and his brother-in-law Srinivasa Reddy as also on a CBI petition seeking custody of the duo was adjourned to Friday.
The special court for Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) cases adjourned the hearing as the lawyers were boycotting courts to condemn Wednesday`s bomb blast at the Delhi High Court.
Counsel for the accused in the illegal mining case sought adjournment till Monday as their senior colleagues were not available because of some cases in the Supreme Court. They also pointed out to the judge that the lawyers at Nampally Criminal Courts were staying away from work.
Public prosecutor Balla Ravindranath opposed adjournment till Monday in view of the serious nature of the case. Judge B Nagamurthi Sharma agreed with him and adjourned the hearing to Friday.
The CBI also filed its counter to the bail petition of the duo and arguments on these are likely to be heard on Friday.
Janardhana Reddy, owner of the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC), and his brother-in-law and firm`s managing director Srinivasa Reddy were arrested by the CBI on Monday and remanded in judicial custody till September 19 in a case of illegal mining in Andhra Pradesh.
The CBI has sought the custody of the accused for 15 days for interrogation to ascertain details like where the illegal mining was carried out and to which countries the iron ore was exported.
The CBI had booked a case against OMC in the illegal mining case in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi