JD(U), AGP oppose bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh
New Delhi: JD(U)and Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) on Saturday demanded that Andhra Pradesh should not be bifurcated.
"In my view, Andhra Pradesh should be united. It should remain what it is," Vashisht Narain, Bihar state JD(U) president, said.
Joseph Toppo, Lok Sabha member and AGP general secretary, extended his support for united Andhra claiming the entire North East was behind the cause.
He also accused Congress of using the tactics of divide and rule.
Meanwhile, Visalandhra Mahasabha, a political outit of Andhra Pradesh, today held a relay demonstration here opposing the state`s bifurcation and sought the support of regional parties in their pitch for an United Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16