Jet Airways flight makes emergency landing at Vizag airport
Visakhapatnam (AP): A Jet Airways flight from Kolkata to Bangalore made emergency landing at the Visakhapatnam Airport here this afternoon due to a fire alarm in the cargo hold, the airline said.
The JetKonnect flight S2 4842, with 123 passengers on board, made the emergency landing at about 4.35 pm, Airport Director K Sriniwas Rao said.
After the engineers checked up the Boeing 737 aircraft, it took off for Bangalore at 7.45 pm.
The passengers were taken to Bangalore by another aircraft to minimise the inconvenience, the Jet said in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons