Jilted techie creates fake Facebook profile of girl, arrested
Hyderabad: A software employee from Bangalore was arrested on the charge of creating a fake Facebook profile of a girl and posting online indecent photographs of her, created through morphing.
Motumarri Venkata Naga Siva Prasad, a native of Bapatla town in Guntur district, was arrested on March 6 by the Cyber Crime Police wing of Andhra Pradesh CID at Bangalore Airport when he arrived from London, a senior police officer said.
The accused allegedly confessed that he and the girl, a BTech degree-holder, were friends from school days but she rejected his marriage proposal when he was in the final year of B.Tech course.
When he learnt that she was going to marry someone else, he allegedly threatened that he would slander her character with the use of some photographs clicked in the past.
Following this, he allegedly created the fake Facebook profile. He also sent emails to her would-be husband, maligning her character, which led to the breaking off of the alliance.
Police have seized Prasad`s laptop and mobile phone. He has been sent in judicial remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000