Jilted techie creates fake Facebook profile of girl, arrested
Hyderabad: A software employee from Bangalore was arrested on the charge of creating a fake Facebook profile of a girl and posting online indecent photographs of her, created through morphing.
Motumarri Venkata Naga Siva Prasad, a native of Bapatla town in Guntur district, was arrested on March 6 by the Cyber Crime Police wing of Andhra Pradesh CID at Bangalore Airport when he arrived from London, a senior police officer said.
The accused allegedly confessed that he and the girl, a BTech degree-holder, were friends from school days but she rejected his marriage proposal when he was in the final year of B.Tech course.
When he learnt that she was going to marry someone else, he allegedly threatened that he would slander her character with the use of some photographs clicked in the past.
Following this, he allegedly created the fake Facebook profile. He also sent emails to her would-be husband, maligning her character, which led to the breaking off of the alliance.
Police have seized Prasad`s laptop and mobile phone. He has been sent in judicial remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!