Jilted techie creates fake Facebook profile of girl, arrested
Hyderabad: A software employee from Bangalore was arrested on the charge of creating a fake Facebook profile of a girl and posting online indecent photographs of her, created through morphing.
Motumarri Venkata Naga Siva Prasad, a native of Bapatla town in Guntur district, was arrested on March 6 by the Cyber Crime Police wing of Andhra Pradesh CID at Bangalore Airport when he arrived from London, a senior police officer said.
The accused allegedly confessed that he and the girl, a BTech degree-holder, were friends from school days but she rejected his marriage proposal when he was in the final year of B.Tech course.
When he learnt that she was going to marry someone else, he allegedly threatened that he would slander her character with the use of some photographs clicked in the past.
Following this, he allegedly created the fake Facebook profile. He also sent emails to her would-be husband, maligning her character, which led to the breaking off of the alliance.
Police have seized Prasad`s laptop and mobile phone. He has been sent in judicial remand.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living