JNTU V-C gets e-mails threatening to blast AP Assembly
Hyderabad: Vice Chancellor of Jawaharlal
Nehru Technological University (JNTU) D N Reddy today told the
police alleging he was receiving e-mails threatening to blow
up Andhra Pradesh assembly building and to kill a minister and
The anonymous e-mails also threatened to blast the
JNTU building and eliminate State Technical Education Minister
M Venkatramana and Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher
Education Chairman K C Reddy, the Vice-Chancellor told PTI
Reddy, who met state Intelligence Chief M Mahender
Reddy, brought to his notice about the threatening e-mails
mentioning that the VC would be killed if the detained degree
students of different courses affiliated to JNTU, including
the engineering students, were not promoted and those detained
for insufficient attendance were not given relief.
Reddy said about 2,800 students which is two per cent of
the total strength of the University, were detained as they
were not able to score above 65 per cent marks in their
He suspected the e-mails written in about three pages
were sent by the detained students in which they have also
threatened to blast the Andhra Pradesh state assembly
building, the JNTU building besides poisoning the
water tank located in the university campus.
The JNTU Vice-Chancellor said these e-mails were sent by
a fictitious e-mail ID created on his name alleging that some
students who were not allowed to take the examinations for
shortage of attendance may have sent these e-mails.
The Intelligence Chief has assured him that he will
take appropriate action and will depute police officials to
scrutinise the threatening e-mails, Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security