JNTU V-C gets e-mails threatening to blast AP Assembly
Hyderabad: Vice Chancellor of Jawaharlal
Nehru Technological University (JNTU) D N Reddy today told the
police alleging he was receiving e-mails threatening to blow
up Andhra Pradesh assembly building and to kill a minister and
The anonymous e-mails also threatened to blast the
JNTU building and eliminate State Technical Education Minister
M Venkatramana and Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher
Education Chairman K C Reddy, the Vice-Chancellor told PTI
Reddy, who met state Intelligence Chief M Mahender
Reddy, brought to his notice about the threatening e-mails
mentioning that the VC would be killed if the detained degree
students of different courses affiliated to JNTU, including
the engineering students, were not promoted and those detained
for insufficient attendance were not given relief.
Reddy said about 2,800 students which is two per cent of
the total strength of the University, were detained as they
were not able to score above 65 per cent marks in their
He suspected the e-mails written in about three pages
were sent by the detained students in which they have also
threatened to blast the Andhra Pradesh state assembly
building, the JNTU building besides poisoning the
water tank located in the university campus.
The JNTU Vice-Chancellor said these e-mails were sent by
a fictitious e-mail ID created on his name alleging that some
students who were not allowed to take the examinations for
shortage of attendance may have sent these e-mails.
The Intelligence Chief has assured him that he will
take appropriate action and will depute police officials to
scrutinise the threatening e-mails, Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!