Judge delivers judgements in 111 cases in one day!
Guntur: A Judge here delivered
judgements in as many as 111 criminal cases in one day,
creating a record of sorts in the annals of judiciary.
Junior Civil Judge J V V Satyanarayana Murthy of
Mangalagiri town in this district delivered these judgements
yesterday, Mangalagiri Bar Association sources said.
The previous record in the country was of 80 cases,
Of the 111 cases, in 78 the accused confessed to the
offences, resulting in imposition of fines totalling Rs
99,500. The cases related to theft, street brawl, domestic
quarrel and road accident, among others, the sources said.
The said Murthy had disposing of as many as 808 civil
cases in 20 days when he was posted at Pulivendhula town a few
years ago, winning the admiration of then Chief Minister Y S
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read