Judge delivers judgements in 111 cases in one day!
Guntur: A Judge here delivered
judgements in as many as 111 criminal cases in one day,
creating a record of sorts in the annals of judiciary.
Junior Civil Judge J V V Satyanarayana Murthy of
Mangalagiri town in this district delivered these judgements
yesterday, Mangalagiri Bar Association sources said.
The previous record in the country was of 80 cases,
Of the 111 cases, in 78 the accused confessed to the
offences, resulting in imposition of fines totalling Rs
99,500. The cases related to theft, street brawl, domestic
quarrel and road accident, among others, the sources said.
The said Murthy had disposing of as many as 808 civil
cases in 20 days when he was posted at Pulivendhula town a few
years ago, winning the admiration of then Chief Minister Y S
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka