Judge delivers judgements in 111 cases in one day!
Guntur: A Judge here delivered
judgements in as many as 111 criminal cases in one day,
creating a record of sorts in the annals of judiciary.
Junior Civil Judge J V V Satyanarayana Murthy of
Mangalagiri town in this district delivered these judgements
yesterday, Mangalagiri Bar Association sources said.
The previous record in the country was of 80 cases,
Of the 111 cases, in 78 the accused confessed to the
offences, resulting in imposition of fines totalling Rs
99,500. The cases related to theft, street brawl, domestic
quarrel and road accident, among others, the sources said.
The said Murthy had disposing of as many as 808 civil
cases in 20 days when he was posted at Pulivendhula town a few
years ago, winning the admiration of then Chief Minister Y S
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok