Judge delivers judgements in 111 cases in one day!
Guntur: A Judge here delivered
judgements in as many as 111 criminal cases in one day,
creating a record of sorts in the annals of judiciary.
Junior Civil Judge J V V Satyanarayana Murthy of
Mangalagiri town in this district delivered these judgements
yesterday, Mangalagiri Bar Association sources said.
The previous record in the country was of 80 cases,
Of the 111 cases, in 78 the accused confessed to the
offences, resulting in imposition of fines totalling Rs
99,500. The cases related to theft, street brawl, domestic
quarrel and road accident, among others, the sources said.
The said Murthy had disposing of as many as 808 civil
cases in 20 days when he was posted at Pulivendhula town a few
years ago, winning the admiration of then Chief Minister Y S
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi