Judicial custody of Jagan till August 14
Hyderabad: A CBI court on Wednesday extended the judicial custody of YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, and other accused till August 14 in separate case.
The remand was extended by the court after it expired today -- in the disproportionate assets case against Jagan, in illegal mining case against Reddy, and in APIIC-Emaar land deal case -- through video-conference. Only the suspended IAS officer Yerra Srilakshmi, an accused in mining scam, appeared before the court.
The judicial custody of former Minister Mopidevi Venkatramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and senior bureaucrat K V Brahmananda Reddy was extended in Jagan assets case. Custody of other accused was extended in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) and Emaar cases.
Jagan and other accused are presently in Chanchalguda jail, while Janardhan Reddy is lodged in a jail in Bangalore, in another illegal mining case in Karnataka.
39-year-old Jagan, the MP from Kadapa, was arrested on May 27 by CBI.
The central agency has filed chargesheets in all these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you