Judicial custody of Jagan till August 14
Hyderabad: A CBI court on Wednesday extended the judicial custody of YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, and other accused till August 14 in separate case.
The remand was extended by the court after it expired today -- in the disproportionate assets case against Jagan, in illegal mining case against Reddy, and in APIIC-Emaar land deal case -- through video-conference. Only the suspended IAS officer Yerra Srilakshmi, an accused in mining scam, appeared before the court.
The judicial custody of former Minister Mopidevi Venkatramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and senior bureaucrat K V Brahmananda Reddy was extended in Jagan assets case. Custody of other accused was extended in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) and Emaar cases.
Jagan and other accused are presently in Chanchalguda jail, while Janardhan Reddy is lodged in a jail in Bangalore, in another illegal mining case in Karnataka.
39-year-old Jagan, the MP from Kadapa, was arrested on May 27 by CBI.
The central agency has filed chargesheets in all these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Over 55 students hospitalised after consuming food from college hostel in TN
- Sikh candidate's billboard painted with 'ISIS' in NZ
- Syria border region must be `cleansed` of ISIS jihadists: Turkey
- IGL net profit jumps 44% to Rs 148 crore in June quarter
- NIA files chargesheet against Dawood's close aide Zahid Miyan