Judicial custody of Jagan till August 14
Hyderabad: A CBI court on Wednesday extended the judicial custody of YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, and other accused till August 14 in separate case.
The remand was extended by the court after it expired today -- in the disproportionate assets case against Jagan, in illegal mining case against Reddy, and in APIIC-Emaar land deal case -- through video-conference. Only the suspended IAS officer Yerra Srilakshmi, an accused in mining scam, appeared before the court.
The judicial custody of former Minister Mopidevi Venkatramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and senior bureaucrat K V Brahmananda Reddy was extended in Jagan assets case. Custody of other accused was extended in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) and Emaar cases.
Jagan and other accused are presently in Chanchalguda jail, while Janardhan Reddy is lodged in a jail in Bangalore, in another illegal mining case in Karnataka.
39-year-old Jagan, the MP from Kadapa, was arrested on May 27 by CBI.
The central agency has filed chargesheets in all these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur