K Chandrasekhar Rao, Chandrababu Naidu meeting underway at Raj Bhavan post bifurcation
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: The chief ministers of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh K Chandrasekhar Rao and Chandrababu Naidu met on Sunday to sort out the differences between the two states formally for the first time post bifurcation.
The meeting is underway at Raj Bhavan in the presence of Governor ESL Narsimhan today afternoon.
The two states are locked in a bitter tussle over several issues including bifurcation of employees, sharing of electricity and water and admissions in professional colleges.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary IYR Kishna Rao, his Telangana counterpart Rajiv Sharma, Andhra assembly Speaker Kodela Sivaprasada Rao, his Telangana counterpart Madhusudhan Chary and some other officials also attended the meeting, official sources said.
Before the meeting, Naidu said they would discuss issues relating to the bifurcation of employees in the Secretariat and directorates in Hyderabad.
(With IANS Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand