Kadapa bypolls: 77.43% voting registered
Kadapa: The Kadapa Lok Sabha seat
registered 77.43 percent polling in the bye-elections,
Returning Officer Sasibhushan Kumar said here on Monday.
Kumar, who is also the District Collector, told
reporters that as compared to the 2009 elections, the polling
percentage in Kadapa has seen a rise of around two per cent.
In 2009, 75.73 per cent polling had been registered. The
counting of votes will take place on May 13.
The assembly constituency-wise break up of polling
percentage was, Kamalapuram-84.58, Kadapa -61.57,
Jammalamadugu- 83.18, Pulivendula-82.39, Mydukur- 81.28,
Proddatur-76.49 and Badvel- 75.25.
The officials had projected a tentative figure of 70
per cent polling for the Kadapa Lok Sabha and Pulivendula
However, alleging electoral malpractices by rival
parties, the Congress, TDP and YSR Congress parties have
sought re-polling at 139 polling stations in Kadapa and
Pulivendula constituencies, the officer said.
He said students of Indian Institute of Information
Technology (IIIT) in Kadapa district helped in web-casting the
The bypolls to Kadapa Lok Sabha and Pulivendula
Assembly constituencies were necessitated as YS Jagan Mohan
Reddy and his mother Vijayalakshmi quit their posts after a
rift with the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sebastian Vettel supports world champions Lewis Hamilton over yellow-flag row with Nico Rosberg
- Viral video: Indian girl pranks mother by saying she's lesbian, see what happens next – Must Watch
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch
- From Sept 1, rail passengers to get Rs 10 lakh insurace cover for premium of just Re 1