Kadapa dist admin taking measures to tackle drought: Collector
Kadapa (AP): Expressing concern over the prevailing drought conditions, Kadapa District Collector Kona Sasidhar on Tuesday said that the administration was taking measures to tackle the grave situation.
"There is severe drought in 43 mandals of the district. People and cattle are facing hardships with drinking water scarcity. Fodder shortage is also a major problem to be tackled," he told reporters here today.
"Drought is very severe in Rayachoty, Pulivendula and in Kadapa assembly constituencies," he added.
However, the district administration is taking steps to mitigate the problems. Proposals had been sent to the government and talks were held with the district in-charge minister Mahidhar Reddy to seek funds, he added.
"The administration has prepared a three-point action plan and priority would be given to make available drinking water for both people as well as cattle," he explained.
Instead of undertaking any new projects, the district administration plans to utilise the existing water resources.
"Deepening bore wells will be taken up soon and transportation of water and hiring of well from the farmers was the proposed steps, besides sorting out the power problem to the water schemes. One thousand small ponds would be built for the needs of cattle drinking water," the Collector said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says