Kadapa dist admin taking measures to tackle drought: Collector
Kadapa (AP): Expressing concern over the prevailing drought conditions, Kadapa District Collector Kona Sasidhar on Tuesday said that the administration was taking measures to tackle the grave situation.
"There is severe drought in 43 mandals of the district. People and cattle are facing hardships with drinking water scarcity. Fodder shortage is also a major problem to be tackled," he told reporters here today.
"Drought is very severe in Rayachoty, Pulivendula and in Kadapa assembly constituencies," he added.
However, the district administration is taking steps to mitigate the problems. Proposals had been sent to the government and talks were held with the district in-charge minister Mahidhar Reddy to seek funds, he added.
"The administration has prepared a three-point action plan and priority would be given to make available drinking water for both people as well as cattle," he explained.
Instead of undertaking any new projects, the district administration plans to utilise the existing water resources.
"Deepening bore wells will be taken up soon and transportation of water and hiring of well from the farmers was the proposed steps, besides sorting out the power problem to the water schemes. One thousand small ponds would be built for the needs of cattle drinking water," the Collector said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Sachin Tendulkar fans fume after Kumar Sangakkara omits 'God of Cricket' from all-time XI
- China to feel Brexit effects, yuan to weaken against dollar: JP Morgan
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh