Kalam`s 4-point formula for kids to create "happy homes"
Hyderabad: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam on Monday asked the school children to adopt four point formula- spirituality, mother`s happiness, transparency and clean and green environment in order to create "happy homes".
He was speaking after presenting state-level `Paryavaran Mitra` awards instituted by the Centre for Environment Education (CEE).
It was children, who could influence parents better than anybody else and if they sense any corrupt practice by their father or mother, they should immediately oppose it and make the elders mend their ways for better, Kalam said.
"Opposing corruption would be part of one of the four activities in the happy home concept," the fomer president said.
The former President, who administered an oath with the students gathered there, said each student should plant at least 10 saplings at their home, neighbourhood or in public park and ensure their growth for a certain period.
They should also strive for water conservation, energy conservation, biodiversity, waste management and culture and heritage, the five themes of Paryavaran Mitra programme, he added.
Earlier, after going through the exhibits on environmental awareness set up students, Kalam said he could see the dynamic thought process of young minds on multi-dimensions of environment in the exhibits.
As many as 33 schools from all districts in the State received Paryavaran Mitra and PM Plus awards.
Project director of Rajiv Vidya Mission V Usha Rani, chief executive officer of Arcelor-Mittal for India and China Vijay Bhatnagar, director of CEE Karthikeya V Sarabhai, programme director of CEE-AP Vanitha Kommu also spoke in the meeting.
CEE is an organisation engaged in developing programmes and resource material to increase awareness about the environment and sustainable development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical