Kalam`s 4-point formula for kids to create "happy homes"
Hyderabad: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam on Monday asked the school children to adopt four point formula- spirituality, mother`s happiness, transparency and clean and green environment in order to create "happy homes".
He was speaking after presenting state-level `Paryavaran Mitra` awards instituted by the Centre for Environment Education (CEE).
It was children, who could influence parents better than anybody else and if they sense any corrupt practice by their father or mother, they should immediately oppose it and make the elders mend their ways for better, Kalam said.
"Opposing corruption would be part of one of the four activities in the happy home concept," the fomer president said.
The former President, who administered an oath with the students gathered there, said each student should plant at least 10 saplings at their home, neighbourhood or in public park and ensure their growth for a certain period.
They should also strive for water conservation, energy conservation, biodiversity, waste management and culture and heritage, the five themes of Paryavaran Mitra programme, he added.
Earlier, after going through the exhibits on environmental awareness set up students, Kalam said he could see the dynamic thought process of young minds on multi-dimensions of environment in the exhibits.
As many as 33 schools from all districts in the State received Paryavaran Mitra and PM Plus awards.
Project director of Rajiv Vidya Mission V Usha Rani, chief executive officer of Arcelor-Mittal for India and China Vijay Bhatnagar, director of CEE Karthikeya V Sarabhai, programme director of CEE-AP Vanitha Kommu also spoke in the meeting.
CEE is an organisation engaged in developing programmes and resource material to increase awareness about the environment and sustainable development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India