KCR expresses reservations about draft Telangana bill
Hyderabad: Reacting to Union Cabinet`s go-ahead for creation of Telangana with ten districts, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Thursday night said it was no time for celebration and expressed regret over certain provisions of the draft Andhra Pradesh reorganisation bill.
"It is unfortunate that law and order in GHMC has been handed over to Governor who will have two advisers, though Telangana with 10 districts is given," he said in a release.
The decision to continue the existing rules for admission to technical and higher education would be painful to Telangana supporters, he said.
"This is no time for celebration," the TRS president said, adding his party`s course of action would be announced after a meeting of TRS politburo tomorrow.
The Union Cabinet tonight gave the go-ahead for creation of a 10-district Telangana and outlined the blueprint for carving out the country`s 29th state from the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Dropping the controversial proposal to add two districts of Rayalaseema to Telangana, which was opposed by various stakeholders, the Cabinet, presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, approved a draft reorganisation bill based on recommendations of Group of Ministers.
The draft bill says that Telangana will comprise 10 districts and Hyderabad will remain the common capital for both the states for a period not exceeding 10 years.
The Governor of Telangana will have a special responsibility for security of life, liberty and property of all those who reside in the common capital area. The Governor may be assisted by two advisers to be appointed by the Government of India.
The Government of India will extend financial and other support to the creation of a new capital for the successor state of Andhra Pradesh.
Existing admission quotas in higher technical and medical institutions will continue for a period not exceeding five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug