KCR has hardly done anything for people: Telangana Congress chief
Hyderabad: Telangana Congress President Ponnala Lakshmaiah on Tuesday accused TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao of doing precious little as a public representative as the verbal duel between the two parties intensified.
"He (Rao) has been MP from Karimnagar and Mahbubnagar during the last 10 years. He also served as Union Minister. Prior to that, he was Minister in TDP Government in the state. Has he done anything substantial for people? If yes, he should say what it is," Lakshmaiah, who has been attacked by the TRS president, told reporters here.
After ruling out a merger or even an alliance with Congress, Rao has trained his guns on Telangana Congress leaders, particularly Lakshmaiah, alleging he had done injustice to the region as Irrigation Minister in the Y S Rajasekhara Reddy government.
TRS and Congress were once allies, but of late, leaders from both parties have been trading charges as they head into Lok Sabha and Assembly polls in Andhra Pradesh.
Meanwhile, Lok Sabha member Manda Jagannath, who had switched over from Congress to TRS, said Lakshmaiah played no sincere role in the Telangana statehood agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar