KCR has hardly done anything for people: Telangana Congress chief
Hyderabad: Telangana Congress President Ponnala Lakshmaiah on Tuesday accused TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao of doing precious little as a public representative as the verbal duel between the two parties intensified.
"He (Rao) has been MP from Karimnagar and Mahbubnagar during the last 10 years. He also served as Union Minister. Prior to that, he was Minister in TDP Government in the state. Has he done anything substantial for people? If yes, he should say what it is," Lakshmaiah, who has been attacked by the TRS president, told reporters here.
After ruling out a merger or even an alliance with Congress, Rao has trained his guns on Telangana Congress leaders, particularly Lakshmaiah, alleging he had done injustice to the region as Irrigation Minister in the Y S Rajasekhara Reddy government.
TRS and Congress were once allies, but of late, leaders from both parties have been trading charges as they head into Lok Sabha and Assembly polls in Andhra Pradesh.
Meanwhile, Lok Sabha member Manda Jagannath, who had switched over from Congress to TRS, said Lakshmaiah played no sincere role in the Telangana statehood agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened