KCR has hardly done anything for people: Telangana Congress chief
Hyderabad: Telangana Congress President Ponnala Lakshmaiah on Tuesday accused TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao of doing precious little as a public representative as the verbal duel between the two parties intensified.
"He (Rao) has been MP from Karimnagar and Mahbubnagar during the last 10 years. He also served as Union Minister. Prior to that, he was Minister in TDP Government in the state. Has he done anything substantial for people? If yes, he should say what it is," Lakshmaiah, who has been attacked by the TRS president, told reporters here.
After ruling out a merger or even an alliance with Congress, Rao has trained his guns on Telangana Congress leaders, particularly Lakshmaiah, alleging he had done injustice to the region as Irrigation Minister in the Y S Rajasekhara Reddy government.
TRS and Congress were once allies, but of late, leaders from both parties have been trading charges as they head into Lok Sabha and Assembly polls in Andhra Pradesh.
Meanwhile, Lok Sabha member Manda Jagannath, who had switched over from Congress to TRS, said Lakshmaiah played no sincere role in the Telangana statehood agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical