KCR has hardly done anything for people: Telangana Congress chief
Hyderabad: Telangana Congress President Ponnala Lakshmaiah on Tuesday accused TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao of doing precious little as a public representative as the verbal duel between the two parties intensified.
"He (Rao) has been MP from Karimnagar and Mahbubnagar during the last 10 years. He also served as Union Minister. Prior to that, he was Minister in TDP Government in the state. Has he done anything substantial for people? If yes, he should say what it is," Lakshmaiah, who has been attacked by the TRS president, told reporters here.
After ruling out a merger or even an alliance with Congress, Rao has trained his guns on Telangana Congress leaders, particularly Lakshmaiah, alleging he had done injustice to the region as Irrigation Minister in the Y S Rajasekhara Reddy government.
TRS and Congress were once allies, but of late, leaders from both parties have been trading charges as they head into Lok Sabha and Assembly polls in Andhra Pradesh.
Meanwhile, Lok Sabha member Manda Jagannath, who had switched over from Congress to TRS, said Lakshmaiah played no sincere role in the Telangana statehood agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster