KCR promises reservation for Muslims in `separate` Telangana
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao
today said reservations up to 12 per cent would be provided to
Muslims if separate Telangana state is formed.
Speaking at a function here, Rao said reservations are
needed for the upliftment of Muslims.
He said the TRS aimed at establishing a Telangana state
that would bring back the true secular character of the
Rao, Lok Sabha member from Mahabubnagar, returned to the
city earlier in the day after a two-day tour to Delhi.
During his stay in Delhi, he met Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram and urged him to scrap the police cases filed
against students in the recent Telangana agitation that took a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad