KCR threatens to continue stir for Telangana
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) President K Chandrasekhar Rao has threatened to prolong their agitation until the demand for separate Telangana state is fulfilled.
Talking to reporters here, Rao said, "Nobody is left behind all the 7.5 lakh government employees are part to this agitation, ... the State Transport Corporation and State Electricity Board, lakhs and lakhs of employees are part of this agitation. All the Telangana doctors are participating, Telangana advocates are participating and innumerable number of organisations and people are participating in this agitation so this agitation will continue till the agitation achieves its goal.
He said Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister would be responsible for any incident of violence during the demos.
"If any violence in occurring then it is because of police brutality as commanded by the Chief Minister. Also the Chief Minister is taking a wrong step by cutting the electricity supply of farmers, I detest it and this would prove to be very disadvantageous for the Chief Minister and his party in the future," he said.
The four-decade-old demand for Telangana, which seeks to carve out of the economically less developed part of Andhra Pradesh, gathered momentum last year after the Congress-led UPA Government accepted the demand in principle.
Several protests and shutdowns had brought Andhra Pradesh to a near halt in 2009 and 2010, as pro-Telangana activists persisted with their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'