KCR wants pending Rail projects in Telangana fast-tracked
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Friday sought expeditious completion of pending Railway projects and modernisation of train stations in the newly formed state.
Rao discussed the issue of pending projects and the status of ongoing work in Telangana with South Central Railway General Manager PK Srivastava here.
The CM recalled his Government has already written to the Prime Minister about the pending rail projects, problems and proposals related to Telangana, according to a release from the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO).
Rao sought a speedy response on setting up Manoharabad-Kothapalli and Peddapalli-Nizamabad rail lines.
Noting that the State has requested the Centre to make Kazipet junction a Railway division headquarter, he demanded that wagon factory works be started in Kazipet, Warangal district.
According to the release, Rao wants further development of the Railway transport system in Hyderabad and complete modernisation of Secunderabad station.
The State Government is ready to take all necessary steps for improving the Multi-Modal Transport System (MMTS) in the capital-city, the Chief Minister asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you