Kenyan held for peddling drugs in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A Kenyan drug peddler was on Monday arrested from the city and five grams of cocaine was seized from him, police said.
The peddler, Collins Johnson Ochieng Seddah, was apprehended by the Police Commissioner`s Task Force (West Zone Team) from S P Road and a hunt is launched to trace his accomplice, a Nigerian national named Christopher, a senior police officer said.
Collins was staying in India without valid visa.
According to police, Christopher supplied the contraband to Collins who in turn used to sell it to customers charging them Rs 5,000 per gram.
Investigation is being conducted to unearth the network of other local and foreign drug dealers of which Collins is allegedly a part.
Collins came to Hyderabad in 2003 and studied movie and TV direction before organising some documentaries for African TV channels, he said.
The Kenyan also worked as an event organiser for Hip-Up and African tribal and traditional dance parties in various star hotels in Hyderabad, police said.
The Central Excise and Customs Department had arrested Collins along with 11 others in 2010 for possessing "Ephedrine", a controlled narcotic substance, weighing 950 grams worth Rs 50 lakh and sent him to jail, where he was befriended by Christopher, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks