Kenyan held for peddling drugs in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A Kenyan drug peddler was on Monday arrested from the city and five grams of cocaine was seized from him, police said.
The peddler, Collins Johnson Ochieng Seddah, was apprehended by the Police Commissioner`s Task Force (West Zone Team) from S P Road and a hunt is launched to trace his accomplice, a Nigerian national named Christopher, a senior police officer said.
Collins was staying in India without valid visa.
According to police, Christopher supplied the contraband to Collins who in turn used to sell it to customers charging them Rs 5,000 per gram.
Investigation is being conducted to unearth the network of other local and foreign drug dealers of which Collins is allegedly a part.
Collins came to Hyderabad in 2003 and studied movie and TV direction before organising some documentaries for African TV channels, he said.
The Kenyan also worked as an event organiser for Hip-Up and African tribal and traditional dance parties in various star hotels in Hyderabad, police said.
The Central Excise and Customs Department had arrested Collins along with 11 others in 2010 for possessing "Ephedrine", a controlled narcotic substance, weighing 950 grams worth Rs 50 lakh and sent him to jail, where he was befriended by Christopher, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS