Kenyan held for peddling drugs in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A Kenyan drug peddler was on Monday arrested from the city and five grams of cocaine was seized from him, police said.
The peddler, Collins Johnson Ochieng Seddah, was apprehended by the Police Commissioner`s Task Force (West Zone Team) from S P Road and a hunt is launched to trace his accomplice, a Nigerian national named Christopher, a senior police officer said.
Collins was staying in India without valid visa.
According to police, Christopher supplied the contraband to Collins who in turn used to sell it to customers charging them Rs 5,000 per gram.
Investigation is being conducted to unearth the network of other local and foreign drug dealers of which Collins is allegedly a part.
Collins came to Hyderabad in 2003 and studied movie and TV direction before organising some documentaries for African TV channels, he said.
The Kenyan also worked as an event organiser for Hip-Up and African tribal and traditional dance parties in various star hotels in Hyderabad, police said.
The Central Excise and Customs Department had arrested Collins along with 11 others in 2010 for possessing "Ephedrine", a controlled narcotic substance, weighing 950 grams worth Rs 50 lakh and sent him to jail, where he was befriended by Christopher, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, Thane; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur, Akola