Kidnapping gang busted, four arrested in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Police here on Wednesday busted a
six-member kidnapping gang and arrested four, including a
couple who allegedly abducted and sold children in two
districts of Andhra Pradesh.
Based on credible information, sleuths of Santoshnagar
Police (South Zone) apprehended the gang members and rescued
nine children (all boys aged between 4-12 ) who were abducted
in the past four years, Hyderabad Police Commissioner A K Khan
The arrested identified as Mahboob Khan, his wife Reshma
Sultana, and two elderly persons-- Kamala and D Mallaiah Yadav
(both aged 60)-- along with two other absconding accused
Sajeed and Shafi abducted lonely children from different areas
of the old city here, Khan explained.
After kidnapping the children the gang members used to
take them to Nizamabad and Karimnagar districts in auto
rickshaws and keep the victims in their custody and then sold
the boys for amounts ranging between Rs 35,000 to Rs 1 lakh,
the Police Commissioner said.
"Reshma and Kamala who moved in Old City localities after
spotting lonely moving children used to offer them chocolates
and biscuits and thereafter Mahboob Khan, Sajeed and Shafi
abducted the children in auto-rickshaw and took them to
Vemulawada of Karimnagar," the Hyderabad Police chief said.
The abducted children were initially sold to Yadav for
sums ranging between Rs 35,000 to Rs 60,000 who in turn sold
the boys for amounts ranging between Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh in
Nizamabad and Karimnagar districts, Khan said.
"In pursuance of the confession, police traced and
rescued nine boys out of whom four were identified and efforts
were on return the children to their families," Khan said.
Investigation is in progress to find involvement of other
gangs in the whole kidnapping episode, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- If Narsingh Yadav is found guilty, Sushil Kumar cannot replace him for Rio Olympics – Here's why!
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Navjot Singh Sidhu says he quit Rajya Sabha because he was told to stay away from Punjab
- Missing IAF AN32: Co-pilot Pankaj Nandel's family hopeful of his return