Kidnapping gang busted, four arrested in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Police here on Wednesday busted a
six-member kidnapping gang and arrested four, including a
couple who allegedly abducted and sold children in two
districts of Andhra Pradesh.
Based on credible information, sleuths of Santoshnagar
Police (South Zone) apprehended the gang members and rescued
nine children (all boys aged between 4-12 ) who were abducted
in the past four years, Hyderabad Police Commissioner A K Khan
The arrested identified as Mahboob Khan, his wife Reshma
Sultana, and two elderly persons-- Kamala and D Mallaiah Yadav
(both aged 60)-- along with two other absconding accused
Sajeed and Shafi abducted lonely children from different areas
of the old city here, Khan explained.
After kidnapping the children the gang members used to
take them to Nizamabad and Karimnagar districts in auto
rickshaws and keep the victims in their custody and then sold
the boys for amounts ranging between Rs 35,000 to Rs 1 lakh,
the Police Commissioner said.
"Reshma and Kamala who moved in Old City localities after
spotting lonely moving children used to offer them chocolates
and biscuits and thereafter Mahboob Khan, Sajeed and Shafi
abducted the children in auto-rickshaw and took them to
Vemulawada of Karimnagar," the Hyderabad Police chief said.
The abducted children were initially sold to Yadav for
sums ranging between Rs 35,000 to Rs 60,000 who in turn sold
the boys for amounts ranging between Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh in
Nizamabad and Karimnagar districts, Khan said.
"In pursuance of the confession, police traced and
rescued nine boys out of whom four were identified and efforts
were on return the children to their families," Khan said.
Investigation is in progress to find involvement of other
gangs in the whole kidnapping episode, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31