Kin of Hyderabad blasts victims to get govt jobs
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Thursday announced that it will provide jobs to the kin of the 17 people killed as well as those permanently disabled in last month`s twin bomb blasts at Dilsukhnagar here.
This was decided by the state Cabinet, which met here after a gap of three months. The Cabinet also approved a legislation that enables provision of government jobs to persons killed in terrorist and Maoist violence.
The proposed legislation would also cover those permanently disabled in such violence in the state, according to Information and Public Relations Minister D K Aruna.
Briefing newspersons about the Cabinet decisions, the minister said the government has already paid Rs 6 lakh each to the kin of those killed in the February 21 explosions.
Relatives of those seriously injured in the attack made an appeal for provision of government jobs when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh visited them in hospitals here.
Singh asked Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy to evolve a mechanism for providing government jobs to the victims of terror attacks.
Accordingly, the state government decided to enact a legislation in this regard, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17