Kin of Hyderabad blasts victims to get govt jobs
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Thursday announced that it will provide jobs to the kin of the 17 people killed as well as those permanently disabled in last month`s twin bomb blasts at Dilsukhnagar here.
This was decided by the state Cabinet, which met here after a gap of three months. The Cabinet also approved a legislation that enables provision of government jobs to persons killed in terrorist and Maoist violence.
The proposed legislation would also cover those permanently disabled in such violence in the state, according to Information and Public Relations Minister D K Aruna.
Briefing newspersons about the Cabinet decisions, the minister said the government has already paid Rs 6 lakh each to the kin of those killed in the February 21 explosions.
Relatives of those seriously injured in the attack made an appeal for provision of government jobs when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh visited them in hospitals here.
Singh asked Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy to evolve a mechanism for providing government jobs to the victims of terror attacks.
Accordingly, the state government decided to enact a legislation in this regard, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter