Kin of Hyderabad blasts victims to get govt jobs
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Thursday announced that it will provide jobs to the kin of the 17 people killed as well as those permanently disabled in last month`s twin bomb blasts at Dilsukhnagar here.
This was decided by the state Cabinet, which met here after a gap of three months. The Cabinet also approved a legislation that enables provision of government jobs to persons killed in terrorist and Maoist violence.
The proposed legislation would also cover those permanently disabled in such violence in the state, according to Information and Public Relations Minister D K Aruna.
Briefing newspersons about the Cabinet decisions, the minister said the government has already paid Rs 6 lakh each to the kin of those killed in the February 21 explosions.
Relatives of those seriously injured in the attack made an appeal for provision of government jobs when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh visited them in hospitals here.
Singh asked Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy to evolve a mechanism for providing government jobs to the victims of terror attacks.
Accordingly, the state government decided to enact a legislation in this regard, official sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'