Kiran accuses Jagan of joining hands with TDP, TRS
Visakhapatnam: Ahead of the June 12 by-elections in Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today claimed that Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy had "colluded" with TDP and TRS to "topple" the state government and grab power.
"Jaganmohan Reddy has colluded with Telugu Desam party president N Chandrababu Naidu and Telangana Rashtra Samithi chief K Chandrasekhar Rao only to topple the present government in the state," he said, while addressing a public meeting as part of an election campaign at Gokulapadu village in Payakaraopeta Assembly constituency, about 80 kms from here.
He also questioned the reason behind the resignation of YSR Congress party legislators, "despite the state government implementing welfare schemes launched by former Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy".
"I am not able to understand why they (YSR Cong legislators) resigned. It is only to put burden on the public by forcing by-elections," Reddy said.
Earlier, addressing party workers at a booth-level meeting, the Chief Minister called upon them to strive hard for the success of the party candidate in Payakaraopeta Assembly constituency, where by-elections are to be held on June 12.
He exhorted party workers to visit every house in their area and make people aware of the welfare schemes launched by the Congress government and try to gain their confidence.
On the occasion, state Congress president B Satyanarayana claimed people had no confidence in TDP and would not believe the various allegations made by Jaganmohan Reddy against the government.
"There is no justification in Jaganmohan Reddy`s allegations against the government when his party has no programmes or policies and is without any aim," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them