Kiran accuses Jagan of joining hands with TDP, TRS
Visakhapatnam: Ahead of the June 12 by-elections in Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today claimed that Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy had "colluded" with TDP and TRS to "topple" the state government and grab power.
"Jaganmohan Reddy has colluded with Telugu Desam party president N Chandrababu Naidu and Telangana Rashtra Samithi chief K Chandrasekhar Rao only to topple the present government in the state," he said, while addressing a public meeting as part of an election campaign at Gokulapadu village in Payakaraopeta Assembly constituency, about 80 kms from here.
He also questioned the reason behind the resignation of YSR Congress party legislators, "despite the state government implementing welfare schemes launched by former Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy".
"I am not able to understand why they (YSR Cong legislators) resigned. It is only to put burden on the public by forcing by-elections," Reddy said.
Earlier, addressing party workers at a booth-level meeting, the Chief Minister called upon them to strive hard for the success of the party candidate in Payakaraopeta Assembly constituency, where by-elections are to be held on June 12.
He exhorted party workers to visit every house in their area and make people aware of the welfare schemes launched by the Congress government and try to gain their confidence.
On the occasion, state Congress president B Satyanarayana claimed people had no confidence in TDP and would not believe the various allegations made by Jaganmohan Reddy against the government.
"There is no justification in Jaganmohan Reddy`s allegations against the government when his party has no programmes or policies and is without any aim," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr