Kiran accuses Jagan of joining hands with TDP, TRS
Visakhapatnam: Ahead of the June 12 by-elections in Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today claimed that Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy had "colluded" with TDP and TRS to "topple" the state government and grab power.
"Jaganmohan Reddy has colluded with Telugu Desam party president N Chandrababu Naidu and Telangana Rashtra Samithi chief K Chandrasekhar Rao only to topple the present government in the state," he said, while addressing a public meeting as part of an election campaign at Gokulapadu village in Payakaraopeta Assembly constituency, about 80 kms from here.
He also questioned the reason behind the resignation of YSR Congress party legislators, "despite the state government implementing welfare schemes launched by former Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy".
"I am not able to understand why they (YSR Cong legislators) resigned. It is only to put burden on the public by forcing by-elections," Reddy said.
Earlier, addressing party workers at a booth-level meeting, the Chief Minister called upon them to strive hard for the success of the party candidate in Payakaraopeta Assembly constituency, where by-elections are to be held on June 12.
He exhorted party workers to visit every house in their area and make people aware of the welfare schemes launched by the Congress government and try to gain their confidence.
On the occasion, state Congress president B Satyanarayana claimed people had no confidence in TDP and would not believe the various allegations made by Jaganmohan Reddy against the government.
"There is no justification in Jaganmohan Reddy`s allegations against the government when his party has no programmes or policies and is without any aim," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi