Kiran, Chandrababu exchange words in AP Assembly
Hyderabad: Known for their animosity towards
each other, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy
and Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu Naidu exchanged words
on the floor of the state Assembly once again on Tuesday.
"You have become Chief Minister only at the mercy of
Sonia Gandhi. You are not elected by people," Chandrababu
said, hitting at Kiran during a short discussion on the power
crisis in the state.
"Yes, I have become Chief Minister because of Sonia`s
grace. I have been made the Chief Minister since I am a party
soldier and am committed to the party," Kiran shot back.
"You can never compare yourself with me. Don`t talk
politics here. If you talk, we can talk much more than you,"
Chandrababu warned Kiran.
At that point, the TDP chief led his party MLAs on a
walk out from the House protesting the government`s
`callousness` on the power situation.
At the very moment, the Chief Minister rose to accuse
the Leader of Opposition of being a `party hopper` and one who
usurped power by backstabbing his own father-in-law.
Kiran said he would continue as Chief Minister as long
as he enjoyed the confidence of party MLAs and Sonia Gandhi.
"People will decide who should be where and for how
long," he quipped.
Both the leaders had entered into arguments on the
floor of the House earlier as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth