Kiran dares Centre to table T-Bill in Parl in same form
Hyderabad: Raising the pitch of his attack on Centre, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday challenged it to place the AP Reorganisation Bill 2013 in Parliament in the same form it was referred to the state Legislature.
"I challenge them to put the same Bill, which they referred to us, in Parliament. If it is accepted, I will get away from politics," Kiran Kumar challenged.
In an informal talk with reporters this afternoon, the Chief Minister noted that the Bill in its present form would not even be admitted in Parliament.
He alleged that the Central government "deceived" the President by sending an in-comprehensive Bill to him.
"The President doesn`t scrutinise the Bill. Its the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Law Ministry that scrutinise the Bill," he said in reply to a question.
Kiran justified his request to the President to give three more weeks time for the state Legislature to discuss the Bill and express its views.
"Is it justified to return the Bill when only 86 out of 280 MLAs spoke and expressed their views," he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you