Kiran Kumar Reddy backs united Andhra Pradesh once again
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has once again asserted that united Andhra Pradesh would be in the interest of all.
"It will be advantageous if the state remains united...We can achieve anything," the chief minister said.
He was addressing trainees of Central Civil Services at Marri Channa Reddy Human Resources Development Institute here on Tuesday.
"...Political leaders are accountable to the public. If not, people will expel such leaders," Kiran said.
Accentuation his opposition to carving out of Telangana as approved by Centre, the chief minister yesterday said the bifurcation would deprive four districts of Rayalaseema and five districts of coastal Andhra region of irrigation water.
Stating that "political corruption" is not good for the society, the chief minister said transparency was first step to root out the malice.
He also remarked that money could not influence elections as voters were very wise.
Kiran listed out various welfare programmes being implemented by his government for the common people.
MCR-HRD Institute Director General Prasanta Mahapatra, Joint DG RV Chandravadan and others were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons