Kiran Kumar Reddy meets Governor amid quit buzz
Hyderabad: Amid heightened speculation on whether he would quit over the issue of division of Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today met Governor E S L Narasimhan here on Monday.
Their 45-minute meeting at Raj Bhavan after the Legislative Assembly was adjourned for the day following presentation of vote-on-account budget for 2014-15, was described by official sources as a "courtesy call".
The Chief Minister`s meeting with the Governor came against the backdrop of speculation that Reddy may quit over the Centre going ahead with the state`s division.
He held an unprecedented protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi recently against bifurcation along with state Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana, Union Minister from Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema and state ministers and MLAs from the two regions.
Some of his Cabinet colleagues have privately said that Reddy, who has been opposed to division of AP, is indeed contemplating resigning from his post, while other ministers have reportedly dismissed the talk as being rumours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!