Kiran Kumar Reddy to lobby against state`s bifurcation
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and other leaders plan to press their case on Andhra Pradesh`s bifurcation with top leaders in Delhi, it was announced here on Sunday.
The AP Chief Minister told reporters here this evening that time has been sought to meet President Mukherjee on February 4 or 5 to press his demand against bifurcating Andhra Pradesh.
The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and the YSR Congress should join the efforts to keep AP "united", like they did during the recent assembly session when the Telangana Bill was rejected.
TDP and YSR Congress leaders can either join Congress leaders to meet the President or meet him separately, he said.
Meanwhile, TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu is likely to visit Delhi soon to meet leaders of different parties on the issue, party sources said.
TDP MPs from Seemandhra would meet the President and other top leaders during the next couple of days, party MP C M Ramesh said.
Congress leaders from Telangana and Seemandhra regions would also go to Delhi this week to press their case with the Central leadership, Congress sources said.
TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao, who has already reached Delhi, met Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) Chief Lalu Prasad today.
The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill, 2013, is likely to be sent to the Union Home Minister either tonight or tomorrow, official sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive