Kiran Kumar Reddy to lobby against state`s bifurcation
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and other leaders plan to press their case on Andhra Pradesh`s bifurcation with top leaders in Delhi, it was announced here on Sunday.
The AP Chief Minister told reporters here this evening that time has been sought to meet President Mukherjee on February 4 or 5 to press his demand against bifurcating Andhra Pradesh.
The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and the YSR Congress should join the efforts to keep AP "united", like they did during the recent assembly session when the Telangana Bill was rejected.
TDP and YSR Congress leaders can either join Congress leaders to meet the President or meet him separately, he said.
Meanwhile, TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu is likely to visit Delhi soon to meet leaders of different parties on the issue, party sources said.
TDP MPs from Seemandhra would meet the President and other top leaders during the next couple of days, party MP C M Ramesh said.
Congress leaders from Telangana and Seemandhra regions would also go to Delhi this week to press their case with the Central leadership, Congress sources said.
TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao, who has already reached Delhi, met Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) Chief Lalu Prasad today.
The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill, 2013, is likely to be sent to the Union Home Minister either tonight or tomorrow, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum