Kiran Kumar Reddy to meet GoM on bifurcation in Delhi on November 18
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy will meet the Union Group of Ministers on the state bifurcation issue in New Delhi on November 18.
Though he was supposed to have a meeting with the GoM today, the Chief Minister put off Delhi visit at the request of Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari for the inauguration of the 18th International Children`s Film Festival of India here this evening.
"The Union Home Minister has rescheduled the meeting of the GoM to the 18th at 12.30 pm," a press release from Reddy`s office said.
Meanwhile, speaking to reporters here, the Chief Minister did not comment on the speculation that he would be replaced. When reporters referred to the talk of his imminent ouster, Reddy merely laughed and did not say anything.
His colleagues including S Sailajanath, T G Venkatesh, Pitani Satyanarayana and C Ramachandraiah also made light of the talk.
"I don`t think the Congress high command will take another foolish step like replacing the CM. Though it is angry and upset with Kiran, it may not remove him at this juncture," a senior minister said.
Agriculture Minister Kanna Lakshminarayana, who was rumoured to be the front runner for the CM`s post, himself rubbished the speculation.
"I am not in the race for the Chief Minister`s post. Some vested interests are deliberately dragging my name," Kanna said in Guntur.
He also denied having entered into any "understanding" with the Congress high command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP