Kiran Kumar Reddy to meet GoM on bifurcation in Delhi on November 18
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy will meet the Union Group of Ministers on the state bifurcation issue in New Delhi on November 18.
Though he was supposed to have a meeting with the GoM today, the Chief Minister put off Delhi visit at the request of Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari for the inauguration of the 18th International Children`s Film Festival of India here this evening.
"The Union Home Minister has rescheduled the meeting of the GoM to the 18th at 12.30 pm," a press release from Reddy`s office said.
Meanwhile, speaking to reporters here, the Chief Minister did not comment on the speculation that he would be replaced. When reporters referred to the talk of his imminent ouster, Reddy merely laughed and did not say anything.
His colleagues including S Sailajanath, T G Venkatesh, Pitani Satyanarayana and C Ramachandraiah also made light of the talk.
"I don`t think the Congress high command will take another foolish step like replacing the CM. Though it is angry and upset with Kiran, it may not remove him at this juncture," a senior minister said.
Agriculture Minister Kanna Lakshminarayana, who was rumoured to be the front runner for the CM`s post, himself rubbished the speculation.
"I am not in the race for the Chief Minister`s post. Some vested interests are deliberately dragging my name," Kanna said in Guntur.
He also denied having entered into any "understanding" with the Congress high command.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Anurag Kashyap will strike back with 'Raman Raghav 2.0' : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Sonia Gandhi stashed bribe money in Geneva's Sarasin Bank?
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City