Kiran Kumar sworn in Andhra Pradesh CM
Hyderabad: Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy, a YSR loyalist and former Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker, was on Thursday sworn-in as the 16th chief minister of the state.
Governor ESL Narasimhan administered the oath of office and secrecy to 50-year-old Kiran Kumar Reddy, who was chosen late last night as the leader of Congress Legislature Party in place of Konijeti Rosaiah who resigned from the chief minister`s post yesterday.
Union Ministers and party observers M Veerappa Moily, Ghulam Nabi Azad, outgoing Chief Minister Rosaiah and a host of Congress leaders, MLAs and MLCs attended the brief swearing-in ceremony in the Darbar Hall of Raj Bhavan.
Only Kiran Kumar, a four-time MLA, took oath today and the Council of Ministers is expected to be reconstituted after he holds consultations with the Congress high command, party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'