Kiran Kumar sworn in Andhra Pradesh CM
Hyderabad: Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy, a YSR loyalist and former Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker, was on Thursday sworn-in as the 16th chief minister of the state.
Governor ESL Narasimhan administered the oath of office and secrecy to 50-year-old Kiran Kumar Reddy, who was chosen late last night as the leader of Congress Legislature Party in place of Konijeti Rosaiah who resigned from the chief minister`s post yesterday.
Union Ministers and party observers M Veerappa Moily, Ghulam Nabi Azad, outgoing Chief Minister Rosaiah and a host of Congress leaders, MLAs and MLCs attended the brief swearing-in ceremony in the Darbar Hall of Raj Bhavan.
Only Kiran Kumar, a four-time MLA, took oath today and the Council of Ministers is expected to be reconstituted after he holds consultations with the Congress high command, party sources said.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Even after 24 hours, Visakhapatnam fire 'raging and out of control'; 41 fire tenders rushed
- Efforts to be made to restore NMNH specimens: Javadekar
- Check out! These are the top 10 defaulters in India; Kingfisher Airlines at No. 9?
- Shades of DMK promises in Cong manifesto for TN polls
- Chewbacca is not just a Star Wars character's name anymore!