Kiran Kumar sworn in Andhra Pradesh CM
Hyderabad: Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy, a YSR loyalist and former Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker, was on Thursday sworn-in as the 16th chief minister of the state.
Governor ESL Narasimhan administered the oath of office and secrecy to 50-year-old Kiran Kumar Reddy, who was chosen late last night as the leader of Congress Legislature Party in place of Konijeti Rosaiah who resigned from the chief minister`s post yesterday.
Union Ministers and party observers M Veerappa Moily, Ghulam Nabi Azad, outgoing Chief Minister Rosaiah and a host of Congress leaders, MLAs and MLCs attended the brief swearing-in ceremony in the Darbar Hall of Raj Bhavan.
Only Kiran Kumar, a four-time MLA, took oath today and the Council of Ministers is expected to be reconstituted after he holds consultations with the Congress high command, party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'