Kiran Reddy had no option but to resign: Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Wednesday said Kiran Kumar Reddy was opposed to the division of Andhra Pradesh and was left with no other option but to resign as Chief Minister after the Centre`s decision to split the state.
"A decision to create the state of Telangana by dividing Andhra has been taken. He was opposed to it. What other option did he have?," Shinde said.
Reddy today quit the Congress and resigned as Chief Minister and MLA, a day after the Lok Sabha passed the Telangana bill.
He had been relentlessly opposing the Centre`s decision to carve out a separate state of Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply