Kiran Reddy had no option but to resign: Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Wednesday said Kiran Kumar Reddy was opposed to the division of Andhra Pradesh and was left with no other option but to resign as Chief Minister after the Centre`s decision to split the state.
"A decision to create the state of Telangana by dividing Andhra has been taken. He was opposed to it. What other option did he have?," Shinde said.
Reddy today quit the Congress and resigned as Chief Minister and MLA, a day after the Lok Sabha passed the Telangana bill.
He had been relentlessly opposing the Centre`s decision to carve out a separate state of Telangana.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'