Kiran Reddy had no option but to resign: Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Wednesday said Kiran Kumar Reddy was opposed to the division of Andhra Pradesh and was left with no other option but to resign as Chief Minister after the Centre`s decision to split the state.
"A decision to create the state of Telangana by dividing Andhra has been taken. He was opposed to it. What other option did he have?," Shinde said.
Reddy today quit the Congress and resigned as Chief Minister and MLA, a day after the Lok Sabha passed the Telangana bill.
He had been relentlessly opposing the Centre`s decision to carve out a separate state of Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian small cars to benefit from Sri Lanka import duty changes
- Pakistan bans contraceptive advertisements on TV, radio
- Janet Yellen says Fed rate hike likely appropriate in coming months
- Nico Hulkenberg, Sergio Perez provide qualifying boost for Force India
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Players to watch out for