Kiran Reddy lacks coordination with ministers: BJP
Hyderabad: BJP national secretary K Laxman on Monday alleged that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy "lacked coordination with his Cabinet ministers and the central ministers hailing from the state."
Commenting on the completion of two years of Kiran Kumar Reddy as state Chief Minister, the BJP leader alleged that "groupism within the ruling Congress party" and "non-cooperation between Reddy and his cabinet colleagues had led to chaos" in Andhra Pradesh during last two years.
He alleged that the absence of Union Science and Technology Minister S Jaipal Reddy at a function on the occasion of launching of second phase of Hyderabad Metro Rail Project at Uppal here yesterday showed that Kiram Reddy lacked coordination with central ministers.
"Although Jaipal Reddy, who hails from the state, was present in the city, yet he did not attend the function," Laxman said.
The state Cabinet meeting, under the leadership of Chief Minister Kiran Reddy, was held after about four months recently in which seven ministers were absent for various reasons, he alleged.
The BJP leader further alleged that the Cabinet meeting, instead of taking up public issues, was held "merely to reject the CBI plea seeking sanction of prosecution against state minister for roads and buildings Dharmana Prasad Rao in the Vanpic land allotment case."
Laxman urged Andhra Governor ESL Narasimhan to intervene and direct the government to withdraw its decision of rejecting the CBI plea for prosecution of Dharmana Prasad Rao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency