Kiran Reddy to revive mass contact programme `Rachchabanda`
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy will soon revive his mass contact programme `Rachchabanda` and go to people across the state even as the unrest over the proposed bifurcation continues in coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions.
A Cabinet sub-committee, headed by Agriculture Minister Kanna Lakshmi Narayana, met here today and decided to hold Rachchabanda between November 6 and 24.
Detailed district-wise schedule of the programme will be announced subsequently after the chief minister finalises the dates, sources in the CMO said.
The sources, however, are tight-lipped on whether the programme will be held in Telangana districts as well, given the "anti-Telangana" image Kiran acquired in recent days because of his open stance against the state division.
Though `Rachchabanda` will be an official event in all districts, wherein government schemes will be reviewed and public grievances will be redressed, the chief minister is said to be planning to utilise the occasion to showcase his efforts to prevent the state division.
As there was no way he could reach out to the people on the Congress platform -- given the severe people`s antagonism towards the party in Seemaandhra -- Kiran chose the `Rachchabanda` route for his tour of the state.
Sources close to him say that the Chief Minister has been drawing plans for the mass contact programme for the past few days even as there is speculation that he is also preparing ground to quit the Congress and launch his own political outfit.
"Kiran would like to consolidate his newly-acquired image as the champion of Samaikya Andhra (united AP). The Rachchabanda will be helpful in this regard," a senior minister said.
Apart from doling out various welfare benefits to people, applications for new ration cards, pensions and houses will be received during Rachchabanda that will be conducted in a selected village square in each district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan