Kiran Reddy to revive mass contact programme `Rachchabanda`
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy will soon revive his mass contact programme `Rachchabanda` and go to people across the state even as the unrest over the proposed bifurcation continues in coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions.
A Cabinet sub-committee, headed by Agriculture Minister Kanna Lakshmi Narayana, met here on Thursday and decided to hold Rachchabanda between November 06 and 24.
Detailed district-wise schedule of the programme will be announced subsequently after the Chief Minister finalises the dates, sources in the CMO said.
The sources, however, are tight-lipped on whether the programme will be held in Telangana districts as well, given the "anti-Telangana" image Kiran acquired in recent days because of his open stance against the state division.
Though `Rachchabanda` will be an official event in all districts, wherein government schemes will be reviewed and public grievances will be redressed, the Chief Minister is said to be planning to utilise the occasion to showcase his efforts to prevent the state division.
As there was no way he could reach out to the people on the Congress platform -- given the severe people`s antagonism towards the party in Seemaandhra -- Kiran chose the `Rachchabanda` route for his tour of the state.
Sources close to him say that the Chief Minister has been drawing plans for the mass contact programme for the past few days even as there is speculation that he is also preparing ground to quit the Congress and launch his own political outfit.
"Kiran would like to consolidate his newly-acquired image as the champion of Samaikya Andhra (united AP). The Rachchabanda will be helpful in this regard," a senior minister said.
Apart from doling out various welfare benefits to people, applications for new ration cards, pensions and houses will be received during Rachchabanda that will be conducted in a selected village square in each district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire