Kiran Reddy to revive mass contact programme `Rachchabanda`
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy will soon revive his mass contact programme `Rachchabanda` and go to people across the state even as the unrest over the proposed bifurcation continues in coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions.
A Cabinet sub-committee, headed by Agriculture Minister Kanna Lakshmi Narayana, met here on Thursday and decided to hold Rachchabanda between November 06 and 24.
Detailed district-wise schedule of the programme will be announced subsequently after the Chief Minister finalises the dates, sources in the CMO said.
The sources, however, are tight-lipped on whether the programme will be held in Telangana districts as well, given the "anti-Telangana" image Kiran acquired in recent days because of his open stance against the state division.
Though `Rachchabanda` will be an official event in all districts, wherein government schemes will be reviewed and public grievances will be redressed, the Chief Minister is said to be planning to utilise the occasion to showcase his efforts to prevent the state division.
As there was no way he could reach out to the people on the Congress platform -- given the severe people`s antagonism towards the party in Seemaandhra -- Kiran chose the `Rachchabanda` route for his tour of the state.
Sources close to him say that the Chief Minister has been drawing plans for the mass contact programme for the past few days even as there is speculation that he is also preparing ground to quit the Congress and launch his own political outfit.
"Kiran would like to consolidate his newly-acquired image as the champion of Samaikya Andhra (united AP). The Rachchabanda will be helpful in this regard," a senior minister said.
Apart from doling out various welfare benefits to people, applications for new ration cards, pensions and houses will be received during Rachchabanda that will be conducted in a selected village square in each district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble