Kiran Reddy unveils `footwear` as his new party`s symbol
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday unveiled `footwear` as the election symbol of his newly launched Jai Samaikyandhra Party.
Moving swiftly after the launch of his party on the `unified Andhra Pradesh` plank last week, Reddy made the announcement at a function in Visakhapatnam.
"JSP has got the approval of the Election Commission to use footwear as its poll symbol," a party official said.
According to a statement issued by the party, footwear was chosen as the symbol as it not only bears the burden of the wearer, but also protects.
"Footwear is also a sign of equality as it offers similar protection to everyone, irrespective of religion, caste, creed or class," it said.
Besides, footwear is owned even by the poorest of the poor, the party said recalling that the footwear of Lord Rama inspired Bharat in achieving `Rama Rajya`.
Reddy, who quit as Chief Minister in protest against state`s division, launched JSP on March 12 during which he had symbolically displayed a piece of the wall which was broken for the unification of Germany to drive home the point that Seemandhra and Telangana can come together again.
The Lok Sabha and Legislative Assembly elections are scheduled to be held simultaneously in undivided Andhra Pradesh on April 30 and May 7.
Meanwhile, Reddy held a meeting with a group of IT professionals here yesterday. He plans to undertake interactions with other sections of the society in Seemandhra to reach out to them in the run-up to the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price