Kiran Reddy unveils `footwear` as his new party`s symbol
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday unveiled `footwear` as the election symbol of his newly launched Jai Samaikyandhra Party.
Moving swiftly after the launch of his party on the `unified Andhra Pradesh` plank last week, Reddy made the announcement at a function in Visakhapatnam.
"JSP has got the approval of the Election Commission to use footwear as its poll symbol," a party official said.
According to a statement issued by the party, footwear was chosen as the symbol as it not only bears the burden of the wearer, but also protects.
"Footwear is also a sign of equality as it offers similar protection to everyone, irrespective of religion, caste, creed or class," it said.
Besides, footwear is owned even by the poorest of the poor, the party said recalling that the footwear of Lord Rama inspired Bharat in achieving `Rama Rajya`.
Reddy, who quit as Chief Minister in protest against state`s division, launched JSP on March 12 during which he had symbolically displayed a piece of the wall which was broken for the unification of Germany to drive home the point that Seemandhra and Telangana can come together again.
The Lok Sabha and Legislative Assembly elections are scheduled to be held simultaneously in undivided Andhra Pradesh on April 30 and May 7.
Meanwhile, Reddy held a meeting with a group of IT professionals here yesterday. He plans to undertake interactions with other sections of the society in Seemandhra to reach out to them in the run-up to the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi