Kishenji cremated; Red ultras call for Bharat bandh
Karimnagar (AP): Top Maoist leader Malojula
Koteswara Rao alias Kishenji, who was killed in an encounter
with security forces in West Bengal on Thursday, was on Sunday cremated at his native village Peddapalli,35 km from here.
His elder brother Anjaneyulu lit the pyre.
Meanwhile,outlawed CPI (Maoist)party today alleged that
Kishenji was murdered and termerd the encounter as fake and
called for a two-day Bharat bandh on December 4-5 in protest
Alleging that Kishenji was murdered in a fake encounter,
Abhay, the spokesperson of the Maoist Central Committee
released a letter which was read out by the revolutionary
writer and Maoist sympathiser Varavara Rao at Peddapally.
Kishanji was killed in a gunfight with security forces
at Burisole jungle in West Midnapore district of West Bengal
on November 24.
Earlier many villagers, political leaders, including
ballad Singer Gaddar, Civil Liberties Committee leaders
Varavara Rao, Kalyan Rao, Telangana Rashtra Samithi MLAs Etela
Rajender, Koppula Eeshwar, MLC N Laxman Rao to name a few
participated in the funeral procession.
Kishenji`s body was brought to Peddapalli from Kolkata
in wee hours today and is kept at his residence after the
local police denied permission to his family members to keep
the body for public viewing at Junior College ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people