Kishenji cremated; Red ultras call for Bharat bandh
Karimnagar (AP): Top Maoist leader Malojula
Koteswara Rao alias Kishenji, who was killed in an encounter
with security forces in West Bengal on Thursday, was on Sunday cremated at his native village Peddapalli,35 km from here.
His elder brother Anjaneyulu lit the pyre.
Meanwhile,outlawed CPI (Maoist)party today alleged that
Kishenji was murdered and termerd the encounter as fake and
called for a two-day Bharat bandh on December 4-5 in protest
Alleging that Kishenji was murdered in a fake encounter,
Abhay, the spokesperson of the Maoist Central Committee
released a letter which was read out by the revolutionary
writer and Maoist sympathiser Varavara Rao at Peddapally.
Kishanji was killed in a gunfight with security forces
at Burisole jungle in West Midnapore district of West Bengal
on November 24.
Earlier many villagers, political leaders, including
ballad Singer Gaddar, Civil Liberties Committee leaders
Varavara Rao, Kalyan Rao, Telangana Rashtra Samithi MLAs Etela
Rajender, Koppula Eeshwar, MLC N Laxman Rao to name a few
participated in the funeral procession.
Kishenji`s body was brought to Peddapalli from Kolkata
in wee hours today and is kept at his residence after the
local police denied permission to his family members to keep
the body for public viewing at Junior College ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what