Kishenji`s body flown to his native place in AP
Kolkata: Maoist top leader Kishenji`s
body was flown to Hyderabad this afternoon by a cargo plane of
a private airlines hours after it was identified by his niece
Deepa Rao and handed over to the relatives at Midnapore
medical college and hospital.
The body, kept in a wooden coffin, was transported
from Midnapore by an ambulance of the hospital, nearly 150 km
from here, with security escorts in accordance with the state
government`s decision to send the body to his native town in
As stated by Maoist sympathiser and Telugu poet
Varvara Rao, the body would be taken to Kishenji`s house at
Puddapalli in Karimnagar district of AP where his octogenarian
mother is still alive.
As the ambulance was entering the airport, some
members of the rights body Association for Protection of
Democratic Rights (APDR) staged a demonstration near the
domestic terminal and shouted slogans alleging that Kishanji
was killed in `fake encounter`.
Police then diverted the ambulance to gate no 7,
meant for VIPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?