Kishenji`s body flown to his native place in AP
Kolkata: Maoist top leader Kishenji`s
body was flown to Hyderabad this afternoon by a cargo plane of
a private airlines hours after it was identified by his niece
Deepa Rao and handed over to the relatives at Midnapore
medical college and hospital.
The body, kept in a wooden coffin, was transported
from Midnapore by an ambulance of the hospital, nearly 150 km
from here, with security escorts in accordance with the state
government`s decision to send the body to his native town in
As stated by Maoist sympathiser and Telugu poet
Varvara Rao, the body would be taken to Kishenji`s house at
Puddapalli in Karimnagar district of AP where his octogenarian
mother is still alive.
As the ambulance was entering the airport, some
members of the rights body Association for Protection of
Democratic Rights (APDR) staged a demonstration near the
domestic terminal and shouted slogans alleging that Kishanji
was killed in `fake encounter`.
Police then diverted the ambulance to gate no 7,
meant for VIPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!