Kishenji`s body flown to his native place in AP
Kolkata: Maoist top leader Kishenji`s
body was flown to Hyderabad this afternoon by a cargo plane of
a private airlines hours after it was identified by his niece
Deepa Rao and handed over to the relatives at Midnapore
medical college and hospital.
The body, kept in a wooden coffin, was transported
from Midnapore by an ambulance of the hospital, nearly 150 km
from here, with security escorts in accordance with the state
government`s decision to send the body to his native town in
As stated by Maoist sympathiser and Telugu poet
Varvara Rao, the body would be taken to Kishenji`s house at
Puddapalli in Karimnagar district of AP where his octogenarian
mother is still alive.
As the ambulance was entering the airport, some
members of the rights body Association for Protection of
Democratic Rights (APDR) staged a demonstration near the
domestic terminal and shouted slogans alleging that Kishanji
was killed in `fake encounter`.
Police then diverted the ambulance to gate no 7,
meant for VIPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui