Kishenji`s body flown to his native place in AP
Kolkata: Maoist top leader Kishenji`s
body was flown to Hyderabad this afternoon by a cargo plane of
a private airlines hours after it was identified by his niece
Deepa Rao and handed over to the relatives at Midnapore
medical college and hospital.
The body, kept in a wooden coffin, was transported
from Midnapore by an ambulance of the hospital, nearly 150 km
from here, with security escorts in accordance with the state
government`s decision to send the body to his native town in
As stated by Maoist sympathiser and Telugu poet
Varvara Rao, the body would be taken to Kishenji`s house at
Puddapalli in Karimnagar district of AP where his octogenarian
mother is still alive.
As the ambulance was entering the airport, some
members of the rights body Association for Protection of
Democratic Rights (APDR) staged a demonstration near the
domestic terminal and shouted slogans alleging that Kishanji
was killed in `fake encounter`.
Police then diverted the ambulance to gate no 7,
meant for VIPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!