Kishenji`s body to be sent to Andhra for last rite
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Friday decided to send the body of killed Maoist leader Kishenji to Andhra Pradesh after consulting his family and completing procedural formalities.
"The body is being sent," state chief minister Mamata Banerjee told mediapersons here in reply to a query.
Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh said "procedural matters do exist" but it was not mandatory for the state government to seek clearance from Andhra Pradesh.
The autopsy on Kishenji`s body scheduled to be held Friday was postponed to Saturday after it was identified by his niece Deepa Rao late Friday night.
A forensic team will be present during the post mortem while the government was open to DNA test also, said another official.
Security agencies have claimed that Communist Party of India-Maoist`s politburo member Kishenji, whose real name was Mallojula Koteshwar Rao, died in a firefight Thursday afternoon in West Midnapore district`s Burishole, 10 km from the border with Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why