Kishenji`s body to be sent to Andhra for last rite
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Friday decided to send the body of killed Maoist leader Kishenji to Andhra Pradesh after consulting his family and completing procedural formalities.
"The body is being sent," state chief minister Mamata Banerjee told mediapersons here in reply to a query.
Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh said "procedural matters do exist" but it was not mandatory for the state government to seek clearance from Andhra Pradesh.
The autopsy on Kishenji`s body scheduled to be held Friday was postponed to Saturday after it was identified by his niece Deepa Rao late Friday night.
A forensic team will be present during the post mortem while the government was open to DNA test also, said another official.
Security agencies have claimed that Communist Party of India-Maoist`s politburo member Kishenji, whose real name was Mallojula Koteshwar Rao, died in a firefight Thursday afternoon in West Midnapore district`s Burishole, 10 km from the border with Jharkhand.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India