Krishna river project to be ready by July
Vijayawada: The Pulichintala irrigation project on Krishna river in Andhra Pradesh will be completed by July this year, state secondary education minister K Pardhasaradhi has said.
Being constructed since 2004 at a cost of Rs 600 crore with a storage capacity of 42 tmc water to facilitate irrigation for Krishna delta, the project "will be completed in the next six-seven months," Pardhasaradhi, who hails from Krishna district where the project is being undertaken, told reporters here late last night.
Also, the land acquisition project for port at Machilipatnam on East Coast in Krishna district will be taken up shortly, the minister said.
The government has notified 5,000 acres of land for acquisition towards the construction of the port.
On Vijayawada airport, he said the Union government has sanctioned Rs 50 crores for its expansion and the work will be taken up very soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!