Krishna Water Dispute Tribunal dismisses AP`s demand
New Delhi: The Krishna Water Dispute
Tribunal today dismissed the demand of Andhra Pradesh
government for a fresh survey of the crest level height of
Alamati dam over Krishna river as it could deprive several
riparian areas of water for irrigation.
The Tribunal said in an order that "there is no merit in
the case made out by Andhra Pradesh" which sought a fresh
survey by Survey of India of the crest height of Alamati dam
located in Karnataka.
Andhra Pradesh had apprehended that the additional
height at full reservior level of the dam would block the flow
downstream of the Krishna river, affecting its riparian rights
by diminishing the flow due to additional storage.
Andhra Pradesh had complained to the Tribunal that
Karnataka had wrongly reported the Almatti dam`s benchmark
height as 519.6 metres while it was actually 520.2 metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test