Kruparani seeks Rs 243 cr package for cyclone-hit Srikakulam
New Delhi: Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology Dr Killi Kruparani on Thursday met UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi seeking a special package of Rs 243 crore for carrying out relief and rehabilitation works in cyclone hit Srikakulam district of Andhra Pradesh.
The Minister, who represents Srikakulam parliamentary constituency, apprised Gandhi about the devastation caused by Cyclone Phailin to the district recently and the extent of damage it has done to the people living there, a release said.
Later, Kruparani told reporters here that Gandhi had assured all possible assistance in releasing the special financial package for relief and rehabilitation works.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack