Land case: AP High Court stays proceedings against Rosaiah
Hyderabad: Giving a breather to former
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, the Andhra Pradesh High Court on Friday
stayed further proceedings in a case of government land being
denotified for four weeks.
A local court on December 27, while hearing on a PIL
challenging the then Rosaiah-led government`s decision to
denotify nine acres of land in prime Ameerpet area, directed
the Anti-Corruption Bureau to inquire into the issue and
submit a report before January 28.
The petition was filed by Mohanlal, a practicing
Justice T Gopalakrishna who heard a lunch motion filed
by Satyandra Prasad, one of persons named in the ACB order,
stayed the investigation and further proceedings.
The ACB which had received orders from the ACB Court
referred the matter to legal experts for further action.
"Unless the court clears the matter we cannot proceed
further," an ACB the official told PTI.
The nine-acre land in question was acquired by the
state sometime ago from land owners for constructing
According to Mohanlal, the land was bought by Dr G N
Naidu and 14 others from the land owners in 1997 after the
land acquisition notification was issued.
However in 2010, following a representation from G N
Naidu, the Andhra Pradesh government withdrew the land
acquisition notification and handed over the land to the
private parties in an unlawful manner, Mohanlal said in his
complaint to the ACB court.
According to him, the present value of the land would
be over Rs 200 crore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read