Land case: AP High Court stays proceedings against Rosaiah
Hyderabad: Giving a breather to former
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, the Andhra Pradesh High Court on Friday
stayed further proceedings in a case of government land being
denotified for four weeks.
A local court on December 27, while hearing on a PIL
challenging the then Rosaiah-led government`s decision to
denotify nine acres of land in prime Ameerpet area, directed
the Anti-Corruption Bureau to inquire into the issue and
submit a report before January 28.
The petition was filed by Mohanlal, a practicing
Justice T Gopalakrishna who heard a lunch motion filed
by Satyandra Prasad, one of persons named in the ACB order,
stayed the investigation and further proceedings.
The ACB which had received orders from the ACB Court
referred the matter to legal experts for further action.
"Unless the court clears the matter we cannot proceed
further," an ACB the official told PTI.
The nine-acre land in question was acquired by the
state sometime ago from land owners for constructing
According to Mohanlal, the land was bought by Dr G N
Naidu and 14 others from the land owners in 1997 after the
land acquisition notification was issued.
However in 2010, following a representation from G N
Naidu, the Andhra Pradesh government withdrew the land
acquisition notification and handed over the land to the
private parties in an unlawful manner, Mohanlal said in his
complaint to the ACB court.
According to him, the present value of the land would
be over Rs 200 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal