Land case: AP High Court stays proceedings against Rosaiah
Hyderabad: Giving a breather to former
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, the Andhra Pradesh High Court on Friday
stayed further proceedings in a case of government land being
denotified for four weeks.
A local court on December 27, while hearing on a PIL
challenging the then Rosaiah-led government`s decision to
denotify nine acres of land in prime Ameerpet area, directed
the Anti-Corruption Bureau to inquire into the issue and
submit a report before January 28.
The petition was filed by Mohanlal, a practicing
Justice T Gopalakrishna who heard a lunch motion filed
by Satyandra Prasad, one of persons named in the ACB order,
stayed the investigation and further proceedings.
The ACB which had received orders from the ACB Court
referred the matter to legal experts for further action.
"Unless the court clears the matter we cannot proceed
further," an ACB the official told PTI.
The nine-acre land in question was acquired by the
state sometime ago from land owners for constructing
According to Mohanlal, the land was bought by Dr G N
Naidu and 14 others from the land owners in 1997 after the
land acquisition notification was issued.
However in 2010, following a representation from G N
Naidu, the Andhra Pradesh government withdrew the land
acquisition notification and handed over the land to the
private parties in an unlawful manner, Mohanlal said in his
complaint to the ACB court.
According to him, the present value of the land would
be over Rs 200 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read