Land case: AP High Court stays proceedings against Rosaiah
Hyderabad: Giving a breather to former
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, the Andhra Pradesh High Court on Friday
stayed further proceedings in a case of government land being
denotified for four weeks.
A local court on December 27, while hearing on a PIL
challenging the then Rosaiah-led government`s decision to
denotify nine acres of land in prime Ameerpet area, directed
the Anti-Corruption Bureau to inquire into the issue and
submit a report before January 28.
The petition was filed by Mohanlal, a practicing
Justice T Gopalakrishna who heard a lunch motion filed
by Satyandra Prasad, one of persons named in the ACB order,
stayed the investigation and further proceedings.
The ACB which had received orders from the ACB Court
referred the matter to legal experts for further action.
"Unless the court clears the matter we cannot proceed
further," an ACB the official told PTI.
The nine-acre land in question was acquired by the
state sometime ago from land owners for constructing
According to Mohanlal, the land was bought by Dr G N
Naidu and 14 others from the land owners in 1997 after the
land acquisition notification was issued.
However in 2010, following a representation from G N
Naidu, the Andhra Pradesh government withdrew the land
acquisition notification and handed over the land to the
private parties in an unlawful manner, Mohanlal said in his
complaint to the ACB court.
According to him, the present value of the land would
be over Rs 200 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Moved on after Twitter-spat with Irani: Priyanka Chaturvedi
- Speculation abounds over new Taliban chief`s leaked photo
- Watch video: This is just not the way this cat's humans expected it to behave on seeing a rat!
- There are 'no good or bad terrorists': Pranab Mukherjee tells Xi Jinping
- When Narendra Modi took oath of office as 15th PM of India on May 26, 2014 - Watch video