Lawyers boycott call disrupts court proceedings in Telangana
Hyderabad: Court proceedings across
Telangana districts in Andhra Pradesh were today affected
following a boycott of courts call given by the Joint Action
Committee (JAC) of Telangana Lawyers, in protest against the
attack on its members allegedly by TDP activists.
Pro-Telangana lawyers affiliated to Telangana Lawyers
Forum boycotted courts, including the High Court here and
other courts in Telangana districts, held protests demanding
arrest of TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, a leader of Telangana
Lawyers JAC G Rajvardhan Reddy told PTI.
It may be recalled that a group of pro-Telangana
lawyers and activists of the TDP clashed during the `Maha
Dharna` at Indira Park jointly organised by TDP and Left
Parties on Saturday last demanding roll-back of hike in petrol
and diesel prices.
"The boycott of courts was successful. We have submitted
a representation to DGP R R Girish Kumar demanding immediate
arrests of Naidu and his party workers," he said.
Earlier, over 300 pro-Telangana lawyers were taken
into preventive custody when they marched towards the DGP
office from Nampally Criminal court here.
Seven lawyers were injured following "attack" by TDP
workers and the condition of G Chandrasekhar Reddy, who
suffered head injuries continued to remain serious, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145