Lawyers for speedy process to form Telangana
Hyderabad: Lawyers of Telangana districts,
who had formed an adhoc committee, today demanded the Centre
to immediately start the process of creating Telangana state.
M Rajender Reddy, member, Bar Council of India, who is
convener of Telangana Lawyers Joint Action Committee, said
that the committee had resolved that the Centre should start
the process and procedure of forming Telangana in a
transparent manner to "remove any apprehensions about the
sincerity of the government in implementing its own decision."
The people were not in a mood to wait any further and
want speedy implementation of the government`s decision, he
Reddy who was also former chairman, Bar Council of Andhra
Pradesh High Court, said "we have lost confidence in the
politicians and this separation movement has become a mass
The Joint Action Committee (JAC), which was formed
yesterday, is keeping its options open including reviving the
agitation in case of any delay in starting the process, he
"We want this process to begin within two months," Reddy
said, adding that their next meeting in Warangal district on
Saturday will chalk out further action.
Meanwhile, Andhra Pradesh High Court Registrar General M
Seetharam Murali has warned of serious action following the
clashes between the lawyers of pro-Telangana and united Andhra
factions on last Friday.
In a statement, Murali said lawyers and general public
who indulge in acts like disruption of court proceedings,
slogan-shouting and taking processions around the court
building would be viewed seriously.
The All India Lawyer`s Union (AILU) has also expressed
its regrets over the clashes between lawyers over the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview