Leakage in ONGC pipeline detected in Andhra Pradesh
Rajahmundry: Close on the heels of a GAIL pipeline blast at Nagaram in Andhra Pradesh last week that claimed 19 lives, a leakage in another pipeline belonging to Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) was detected at Tatipaka, about 80 kms from here.
ONGC, however, appealed to the people not to panic as it had replaced the leaked pipeline.
"A minor pipeline leakage was identified in a flow line at 6.30 pm yesterday at Tatipaka GCS (gas collection station) Complex. Fault diagnosis revealed that crude oil and gas of very low intensity trapped in the line was seeping out through an inactive non-flowing Tatipaka well number 2," ONGC said in a statement on Monday.
According to the statement, the leakage was arrested by bleeding it out (washing out the remains in the closed pipeline) by a team of engineers and technicians of ONGC which worked overnight and replaced the leaked pipeline.
"The repair work was inspected to satisfaction early this morning by Local MRO Sridhar," it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!