Left parties in AP may intensify stir over power tariff hike
Hyderabad: Members of Left parties in Andhra Pradesh, who began an indefinite fast against the power tariff hike, on Sunday warned of intensifying their stir if the state government failed to "respond positively".
CPI state secretary K Narayana and his CPI(M) counterpart B V Raghavulu, who started the indefinite fast yesterday, demanded that the government immediately roll back its move to hike power tariff and stop collecting the fuel surcharge adjustment.
They said that the Congress government should not be stubborn in its response to the demand to relieve the burden imposed on common men.
The Left parties also organised rallies and sit-ins at several places in the state today over the power tariff hike.
The main opposition Telugu Desam and other parties also expressed their solidarity with the indefinite fast by the Left parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her