Left parties should work together first: Raghavulu
Hyderabad: The CPI(M) politburo member B
V Raghavulu on Tuesday said that it was more important for the
Left parties to work together on various public issues now
rather than getting bogged down on merger.
"The merger of Left parties is not important now. More
important is Left parties working together. It is not better
for us if we get bogged down about merger," Raghavulu, who is
Andhra Pradesh secretary of CPI(M), told reporters here.
When pointed out that the Left can be more effective
if they merge, he said, "It is fine if we become more
effective. But we should not end up fighting among ourselves.
If we merge, it should be forever".
To a query whether he was politically correct as far
as merger is concerned, Raghavulu said, "We have experience in
Nepal and other countries. If we merge, it should be forever.
It is not that we don`t want to merge. Everybody wants merge.
There is none who is against it".
Top CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury had yesterday spoken
about the issue of possible merge of his party with CPI.
"The merger of the two parties, however, desirable it
may be, has to undergo a certain process. One way of doing it
is through the unification of various mass organisations and
joint activities at the lower level, which will percolate to
"I think that is a more sustainable path, rather than
the leadership coming together. So that is a process that is
on. The parties are working together now at the mass
organisation level," Yechury had said.
CPI national secretary, D Raja, had said on Sunday
that unification of the CPI and the CPM will take time though
his party was consistent on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi