Left parties should work together first: Raghavulu
Hyderabad: The CPI(M) politburo member B
V Raghavulu on Tuesday said that it was more important for the
Left parties to work together on various public issues now
rather than getting bogged down on merger.
"The merger of Left parties is not important now. More
important is Left parties working together. It is not better
for us if we get bogged down about merger," Raghavulu, who is
Andhra Pradesh secretary of CPI(M), told reporters here.
When pointed out that the Left can be more effective
if they merge, he said, "It is fine if we become more
effective. But we should not end up fighting among ourselves.
If we merge, it should be forever".
To a query whether he was politically correct as far
as merger is concerned, Raghavulu said, "We have experience in
Nepal and other countries. If we merge, it should be forever.
It is not that we don`t want to merge. Everybody wants merge.
There is none who is against it".
Top CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury had yesterday spoken
about the issue of possible merge of his party with CPI.
"The merger of the two parties, however, desirable it
may be, has to undergo a certain process. One way of doing it
is through the unification of various mass organisations and
joint activities at the lower level, which will percolate to
"I think that is a more sustainable path, rather than
the leadership coming together. So that is a process that is
on. The parties are working together now at the mass
organisation level," Yechury had said.
CPI national secretary, D Raja, had said on Sunday
that unification of the CPI and the CPM will take time though
his party was consistent on it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know