Legislators across parties oppose `Rayala Telangana` proposal
Kadapa (AP): The Congress, YSR Congress and TDP legislators from Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday opposed the Centre`s proposal to bifurcate the state and the division of Rayalaseema.
"We strongly oppose the state`s bifurcation proposal and particularly the division of Rayalaseema," Congress MLA Adinarayana Reddy, YSR congress MLAs Srikanth Reddy and Amaranatha Reddy and TDP MLC Satish Reddy said in a joint statement here today.
They were participating in a meeting of public representatives organised by the Rayalaseema People`s Forum at the Press Club here.
The legislators also decided to hold a meeting of MLAs and MLCs from Rayalaseema over the issue in Hyderabad on December 12.
All the public representatives, who attended the meeting, severely criticised the Congress high command for taking a decision to divide Rayalaseema.
Describing the proposed bifurcation of the state as "atrocious", they expressed that a few leaders "with a malafide political intension and selfish motive" were supporting the Rayala Telangana proposal, which will destroy the drought-prone Rayalaseema region.
They resolved to fight for a unified state and oppose the division of Rayalaseema.
The legislators also claimed that a Congress MP had expressed his support to them over the issue.
APSRTC employees` union state president Chandrasekhar Reddy said people of Anantapur and Kurnool will gain no additional benefits by joining Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional