Legislators across parties oppose `Rayala Telangana` proposal
Kadapa (AP): The Congress, YSR Congress and TDP legislators from Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday opposed the Centre`s proposal to bifurcate the state and the division of Rayalaseema.
"We strongly oppose the state`s bifurcation proposal and particularly the division of Rayalaseema," Congress MLA Adinarayana Reddy, YSR congress MLAs Srikanth Reddy and Amaranatha Reddy and TDP MLC Satish Reddy said in a joint statement here today.
They were participating in a meeting of public representatives organised by the Rayalaseema People`s Forum at the Press Club here.
The legislators also decided to hold a meeting of MLAs and MLCs from Rayalaseema over the issue in Hyderabad on December 12.
All the public representatives, who attended the meeting, severely criticised the Congress high command for taking a decision to divide Rayalaseema.
Describing the proposed bifurcation of the state as "atrocious", they expressed that a few leaders "with a malafide political intension and selfish motive" were supporting the Rayala Telangana proposal, which will destroy the drought-prone Rayalaseema region.
They resolved to fight for a unified state and oppose the division of Rayalaseema.
The legislators also claimed that a Congress MP had expressed his support to them over the issue.
APSRTC employees` union state president Chandrasekhar Reddy said people of Anantapur and Kurnool will gain no additional benefits by joining Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar