Legislators across parties oppose `Rayala Telangana` proposal
Kadapa (AP): The Congress, YSR Congress and TDP legislators from Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday opposed the Centre`s proposal to bifurcate the state and the division of Rayalaseema.
"We strongly oppose the state`s bifurcation proposal and particularly the division of Rayalaseema," Congress MLA Adinarayana Reddy, YSR congress MLAs Srikanth Reddy and Amaranatha Reddy and TDP MLC Satish Reddy said in a joint statement here today.
They were participating in a meeting of public representatives organised by the Rayalaseema People`s Forum at the Press Club here.
The legislators also decided to hold a meeting of MLAs and MLCs from Rayalaseema over the issue in Hyderabad on December 12.
All the public representatives, who attended the meeting, severely criticised the Congress high command for taking a decision to divide Rayalaseema.
Describing the proposed bifurcation of the state as "atrocious", they expressed that a few leaders "with a malafide political intension and selfish motive" were supporting the Rayala Telangana proposal, which will destroy the drought-prone Rayalaseema region.
They resolved to fight for a unified state and oppose the division of Rayalaseema.
The legislators also claimed that a Congress MP had expressed his support to them over the issue.
APSRTC employees` union state president Chandrasekhar Reddy said people of Anantapur and Kurnool will gain no additional benefits by joining Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow