Legislators from Rayalaseema protest AP division p
Kadapa (AP): Five Andhra Pradesh legislators on Sunday said they had `submitted` their resignations in protest against the proposal to divide the state for the creation of separate state of Telangana.
Congress MLA from Jammulamadugu Adi Narayana Reddy, YSR Congress MLAs from Rayachoty G Srikanth Reddy, its MLA from Kodurand K Srinivasulu, and MLCs Devagudi Narayana Reddy (YSR Congress) and B Pullaiah today said at a rally organised by Samikyandhra Joint Action Committee that they had handed resignations to Chandra Sekhar Reddy, convener of committee.
They requested the Central government to give up "the idea of dividing Rayalaseema region, which had its own identity and historical prominence".
"We are submitting our resignations in protest against the idea of dividing the Rayalaseema in the name of Rayala Telangana," they said.
The Centre should keep the three regions -- Rayalaseema, Andhra and Telangana -- united, they said.
Chandra Sekhar Reddy said that he would forward the resignations to the Assembly Speaker and the Chairman of Legislative Council.
The Centre has not taken any decision on the Telangana issue yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof