Legislators from Rayalaseema protest AP division p
Kadapa: Five Andhra Pradesh legislators on Sunday said they had `submitted` their resignations in protest against the proposal to divide the state for the creation of separate state of Telangana.
Congress MLA from Jammulamadugu Adi Narayana Reddy, YSR Congress MLAs from Rayachoty G Srikanth Reddy, its MLA from Kodurand K Srinivasulu, and MLCs Devagudi Narayana Reddy (YSR Congress) and B Pullaiah today said at a rally organised by Samikyandhra Joint Action Committee that they had handed resignations to Chandra Sekhar Reddy, convener of committee.
They requested the Central government to give up "the idea of dividing Rayalaseema region, which had its own identity and historical prominence".
"We are submitting our resignations in protest against the idea of dividing the Rayalaseema in the name of Rayala Telangana," they said.
The Centre should keep the three regions -- Rayalaseema, Andhra and Telangana -- united, they said.
Chandra Sekhar Reddy said that he would forward the resignations to the Assembly Speaker and the Chairman of Legislative Council.
The Centre has not taken any decision on the Telangana issue yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda