Legislators from Rayalaseema protest AP division p
Kadapa: Five Andhra Pradesh legislators on Sunday said they had `submitted` their resignations in protest against the proposal to divide the state for the creation of separate state of Telangana.
Congress MLA from Jammulamadugu Adi Narayana Reddy, YSR Congress MLAs from Rayachoty G Srikanth Reddy, its MLA from Kodurand K Srinivasulu, and MLCs Devagudi Narayana Reddy (YSR Congress) and B Pullaiah today said at a rally organised by Samikyandhra Joint Action Committee that they had handed resignations to Chandra Sekhar Reddy, convener of committee.
They requested the Central government to give up "the idea of dividing Rayalaseema region, which had its own identity and historical prominence".
"We are submitting our resignations in protest against the idea of dividing the Rayalaseema in the name of Rayala Telangana," they said.
The Centre should keep the three regions -- Rayalaseema, Andhra and Telangana -- united, they said.
Chandra Sekhar Reddy said that he would forward the resignations to the Assembly Speaker and the Chairman of Legislative Council.
The Centre has not taken any decision on the Telangana issue yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi