Legislators from Rayalaseema protest AP division p
Kadapa: Five Andhra Pradesh legislators on Sunday said they had `submitted` their resignations in protest against the proposal to divide the state for the creation of separate state of Telangana.
Congress MLA from Jammulamadugu Adi Narayana Reddy, YSR Congress MLAs from Rayachoty G Srikanth Reddy, its MLA from Kodurand K Srinivasulu, and MLCs Devagudi Narayana Reddy (YSR Congress) and B Pullaiah today said at a rally organised by Samikyandhra Joint Action Committee that they had handed resignations to Chandra Sekhar Reddy, convener of committee.
They requested the Central government to give up "the idea of dividing Rayalaseema region, which had its own identity and historical prominence".
"We are submitting our resignations in protest against the idea of dividing the Rayalaseema in the name of Rayala Telangana," they said.
The Centre should keep the three regions -- Rayalaseema, Andhra and Telangana -- united, they said.
Chandra Sekhar Reddy said that he would forward the resignations to the Assembly Speaker and the Chairman of Legislative Council.
The Centre has not taken any decision on the Telangana issue yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Oops! People in Belarus are getting naked at work – See pics
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual don't come under third gender; give reservation to transgenders: SC to Centre
- Novak Djokovic calls for football-style Davis Cup to keep tournament alive
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Jacqueline Fernandez impersonating Lisa Haydon will make you ROFL-- Watch
- Cold war between Bollywood buddies Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt - All you need to know