`Legislators should quit for unified Andhra`
Kadapa: Rayalaseema students Joint
Action Commitee convener, Suresh, on Friday demanded the
resignations of legislators from the region in support of
unified Andhra Pradesh.
The students of Yogi Vemana University organised human
chain and blocked Kadapa-Pulivendula road for one hour.
Speaking on the occasion, Suresh urged the students to
fight for the unified state. He said that the representatives
of the people from Rayalseema should respect the public
sentiment and resign.
Rayachoty Bar association members here have boycotted the
courts for three days. The Bar association president, Madan
Mohan Reddy, told PTI that the Telengana lawyers, who were
agitating for separate Telangana state in "unethical way",
were provoking the lawyers from other regions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed