`Legislators should quit for unified Andhra`
Kadapa: Rayalaseema students Joint
Action Commitee convener, Suresh, on Friday demanded the
resignations of legislators from the region in support of
unified Andhra Pradesh.
The students of Yogi Vemana University organised human
chain and blocked Kadapa-Pulivendula road for one hour.
Speaking on the occasion, Suresh urged the students to
fight for the unified state. He said that the representatives
of the people from Rayalseema should respect the public
sentiment and resign.
Rayachoty Bar association members here have boycotted the
courts for three days. The Bar association president, Madan
Mohan Reddy, told PTI that the Telengana lawyers, who were
agitating for separate Telangana state in "unethical way",
were provoking the lawyers from other regions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal